Thursday, December 10, 2015

Book Blog #15, Going Postal, Week #2 (Last school post of 2015!)

Going Postal                                                                                                               By Terry Prattchett



Going Postal (Discworld, #33; Moist von Lipwig, #1)Moist Von Lipwig (Yes, you heard me, Moist) has been a criminal all of his life, (What can he say, he has people skills. Why is it his fault if they mistake glass for diamonds?). When he is caught by the law, he is sentenced to hanging. So he died. But he lived? Apparently trapdoors really are everywhere. When he woke up he was offered two options by the head of Ankh-Morpork, lord Veterinari. A, become the postmaster, or B, go through a unknown door (A giant pit, basically death). He obviously accepts postmaster. When he shows up at the post office, he realizes that it is in a worst condition than he thought. There are letters shoved in every available crevice and hallway, and no letters have been delivered for years. He starts to deliver the mail, and he constantly finds out more things he has to deal with.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. It's humor helps to move the storyline along, and it only gets minorly boring several times. It goes by fast, regardless of it's length.The way the book is written also suits the story and topic very well. I think most people in our class would enjoy this book and find it funny. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to read a medium length funny book that will go by fast.

TBR list
The Graveyard Book   by Neil Gaiman
The Diary of Anne Frank   by Anne Frank
The elegant Universe   by Brian Greene
The Pact   by Sampson Davis, George Jenkins, Rameck Hunt, and Lisa Frazier Page
Perfect   by Ellen Hopkins
Schizo   by Nic Sheff

I would like to read some of the books that have been on my TBR list for a while like Water for Elephants and Love letters to the Dead over winter break. Pretty much any book that I had on my lists closer to the beginning of the year.

There is only minor cursing (Gabe could read it), and overall it seems pretty clean and like a book anyone in our class could enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job! I have read some Terry Pratchet, and I think you summed up the book nicely. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miles: Nice job on the blog, as I said up there, but do NOT use this as a book talk. That is just for one reason: the character's name is Moist. I know some people in the class would not appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOIST!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with Maia, you did a very good job reviewing this book in a medium length blog post. I also agree with the second part Maia said.

    ReplyDelete