Rachel and Ralph Helmsley are the greatest explorers of their age. Archer Helmsley, however, has always wanted to live up to his grandparents title of being a Helmsley. His entire life he has craved adventure and discoveries. He starts to assemble a plan, but many things get in the way. Take for instance, Ms. Murkley, a blood-thirsty teacher who will stop at nothing until Archer and his class are perfect. He assembles a ragtag group of friends to try to rescue his grandparents, (they got frozen to an iceberg). They have to tackle many obstacles to achieve their goals, and have fun doing it. Will they make it to the iceberg?
I did enjoy this book, although it was a little slow at parts. The storyline did remain quite interesting throughout the book, and it was very rarely predictable. Overall, the only thing I was not happy about was that it had an unsatisfactory ending. I would recommend this book to pretty much anyone who wants a fast read that will pull you into a unique storyline.
My opinion is still that it would be interesting to have a science-fiction book group or a dystopian book group. I think that these would be two interesting genres because they are not normally discussed and it would be interesting to hear other's insight on them. I think that it would be fun to do a more rare genre of book for a book group, or a genre that is not commonly discussed.
TBR list
Dark Eden by Chris Beckett
Stone Mattress Margaret Atwood
The Vorrh by Brian Catling
Tenth of December by George Saunders
The Dog stars by Peter Heller
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Sounds like a good book. Nice job describing it!
ReplyDelete