Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Blog #9, Paper Things

Paper Things                                                                                              by Jennifer Richard Jacobson
Paper ThingsAri Hazzard left her adopted home with her brother, and has been dealing with poverty ever since. Gage, her brother, has taken care of her cares for her quite a lot, but he cannot provide a stable home. She jumps from shelter to shelter, always trying to stay on top of school, while having to deal with rough friendships. Her paper things are the only things that give her comfort as she is dealing with all of her emotions. She struggles with making friends and how she will tell them about her homelessness.

I would recommend this book to Maia, because even though it is not fantasy, there is still a lot of meaning behind it, and there are a lot of emotions in the book. I think she would enjoy thinking about the decisions in the book that Ari makes. Other than that, I think that most of the people in our class would enjoy this if they want a fast and easy read that will make them think. I would also recommend this to anyone who wants to think about homelessness in a different way.

TBR list
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Doldrums by Nichlolas Gannon
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book, though I don't think I would like it very much. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! The book seems interesting. I'll put this on my (ever-growing) TBR list.
    Thanks, Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like a really interesting book. I have not been a big fan of true-to-life style books. but this book might make me think differently about it.

    ReplyDelete