Monday, October 12, 2015

Book Blog #6, Flowers For Algernon, week 1

Flowers for Algernon                                                                                                     by Daniel Keyes
Flowers for AlgernonCharlie Gordon has always has had an unnaturally low I.Q. He has just learned to live with his life and his friends. When he gets offered an opportunity to under-go an operation that has the potential to make him into a genius, and more than double his I.Q., he is eager to accept. A mouse named Algernon has the same surgery, and they start to guess what is going to happen to Charlie, based off of Algernon's results. Charlie slowly starts to become smarter, and starts maturing both emotionally and academically. He starts having emotional relationships and has to figure them out. Follow him as he winds his way around the corners of the maze that is life.
For me, this is a great book. It has a really interesting storyline that has a realistic feeling to it, which makes the book more enjoyable. You also get pulled into Charlie's emotional life, and how he is growing emotionally. I found how his relationships with people change to be one of the most interesting parts because it makes you think about real relationships and how they would change, if someone suddenly became drastically smarter.

There is some romance, and minor language. Overall, it isn't bad.
TBR list
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Martian by Andy Weir
Endgame: The Calling by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

5 comments:

  1. Nice review. I will put this on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really want read this book. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice review miles, that makes me really want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great book. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job reviewing the book so far. I really like your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete