The Martian by Andy Weir
Mark Watney's crew abandoned him on mars, after they thought he was dead. He starts to figure out solutions for food, and rescue. Every time that something could go wrong, it does. The tides are turned against Mark, but he wont give up. He starts to figure out how to live, and get things done. Against all odds, will he be able to survive until rescue?In this book, there is some symbolism even though it is not super obvious. I think one of the first symbolistic parts is when the China National Space Administration give up the Taiyang Shen just to help mark. It is symbolistic because it shows the good side of people, the side that helps others. I think that there are a lot of parts in the book that have a similar meaning, because there are always people on earth that are trying to help him. For instance, the media is rallying for him and his cause, and most of the people in the world care about him.
There is quite a bit of profanity used in this book, but I liked it nonetheless.
TBR list
TBR list
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Doldrums by Nicholas Gannon
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
I am reading this book and so far, I agree with you. Great review!
ReplyDeleteBut did you like the book?
ReplyDeleteYes, I did enjoy the book.
DeleteNice review. I didn't catch the symbolism at all, so good InSight.
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to read this book for a while, and you make it sound perty good. It's definitely on my list. Also, read Fahrenheit 451. I've heard it's really good. ♥
ReplyDelete