Sunday, March 6, 2016

SOL 7- Trying to go to sleep

Trying to go to Sleep
I twist and I roll, I squirm, and I move, but sleep has not taken me yet. I can't fall into the quiet calmness of sleep, and no matter what my pillow is the wrong thickness. I turn to the right and try to sleep, no luck. I turn the opposite way, even more uncomfortable, I just don't get it, why won't my brain shut down?!
http://www.clipartfort.com/clipart/plog-print.php?id=76

I eventually give up and pull myself out of bed to get the pillow on the opposite side of my room. I slump back onto my mattress and I push my pillows off to the side. I poof the pillow I retrieved across the barrier of carpet, and settle back in.

I slowly let the ring of sleep settle over me. Bum, ba, bum, ba, bum.. The sound throbs in my ear against the pillow as I finally settle in, finding it more comfortable. Slowly everything fades away, and I wait for the dream show to start as I sink in.

4 comments:

  1. Next time you should try closing your eyes, it really helps. But good job eventually sleeping and writing about not sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice slice. I bit unusual, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this! I can totally relate to the first part of this slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your slice a lot! I have had this problem multiple times so I'm glad you finally got to sleep.

    ReplyDelete