The Game of ultimate

I run up after the pull, ready to get into the stack and cut down (unnecessary sporty terms). Sprinting out to catch the Frisbee, awaiting the throw. We migrate around the field, gradually making our way back and forth, as the two teams fight over who gets to throw. The other team gets in a stack but we are so unorganized for our first try I feel like I am just throwing my self into a mass of people when I try to guard. I run towards where the Frisbee is, feeling like a cat chasing a mouse around the field. We are throwing against the wind, and even though our chant is "We love the wind!", in this situation, I don't love it. It makes it nearly impossible to throw without it rolling at least 20 feet. I feel like I've been running for hours, even though it's only been around 5 minutes, the teams perpetually going back and forth, back and forth, across the field. We finally walk off of the field, no champion being named. Well, I guess I gave it my all, which is the best I could do.
Image credit:
http://www.salon.com/2010/02/16/inventor_frisbee/
Very good description of Ultimate practice yesterday!!! Nice Slice!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was very descriptive! Good job!
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty much how ultimate went last night.. haha, nice slice!
ReplyDeleteI really like the way that you said how felt through out the practice! great slice!
ReplyDeleteNice descriptions! I felt the same way after Ultimate yesterday!
ReplyDelete