The Sinister Look
Before you read this, I recommend you go back and read the first part to make it make more sense.
Before you read this, I recommend you go back and read the first part to make it make more sense.
The thing... I don't know what to call it... Was above me, making a wall around the side of the block. It was shaped like a human, but was part machine, and it seemed to transform and alter before our eyes, flickering and twitching every second. It transfixed all of us, and we stepped outside, knowing that something had gone wrong.
Its gaze held us in place with a steady glare staring straight into our souls. It had its eyes on me in particular, and as if I was hypnotized I stepped forward, not knowing what to expect. It created an unearthly glow that spread from my feet to halo the ground. I seemed to continue stepping towards it, regardless of what my brain was telling me to do. My hand reached up and pulled up the latch to the gate. When I looked down, I realized that my hand was shaking, but was forced to look back up. I followed it blindly, and I couldn't look away, in fear of what would happen.
We marched for what seemed like endless hours before we stopped at an oasis, a small area of grass surrounded by the harsh environment. It slowly threw itself onto the ground, like it had no energy what so ever, and couldn't do anything. I drank from a small stream, and neither of us said a word. Eventually, a small hatch popped out from the ground, with a groan, as the cyborg stepped in. I followed suit out of curiosity, but also in fear. I was led to the back wall of a dim dome like room. The room sloped up and back down, and it seemed like we were in the interior of a snow globe.
Every detail was fleshed out against the glass panes lining the walls. I could see where we had trekked, and the oasis. It was unreal, an optical illusion. We were standing below ground, but it felt like we were high up in the air. It was a contraption of sorts, I could tell, as there were small things about it that weren't realistic. Like the hole in the ceiling that led up to main land through the one legitimate skylight that led to the surface. I was not tied up, but was just left there, stranded in the deserted sphere, not knowing which way was which anymore.
Cool, although my guess of Trump propaganda was wrong.
ReplyDeleteOoh, very suspenseful and detailed. I'm waiting to hear more.
ReplyDelete