Before you read this, I recommend going back and reading the previous story section if you haven't already because parts of it wont make sense If you don't already know what is happening.
What happened? Apparently I had reached a weak spot for them, their Achilles' heel. Why else would I have been gassed out? Everything seemed to be just the way I had left it, nothing had changed about any of the aspects. I looked back up, and this time easily spotted the small ledge where the buzzers lay hidden. I reached up and heard the sound of the alarm.
I really was stumped, and I had no idea where to go from there. I went back up to the strand and tried poking my head above the red barrier. It took some serious effort to get up there, but I eventually did. What I saw astounded me. There was actually the small door through which I originally came, the walls were a projection. It all made sense now, how I could hear the girl in the pod next to me. Scanning the rest of the room, there were only a 4 hatches leading away, or four escape routes.
After many tried and failed attempts, I managed to get up into one of the small connectors. I poked my head into the one next to me. There was the small girl huddled in the center, lying against the pole. "Hey!" I shouted down, not knowing what to say. I heard a small whimper, and she looked up. A look of being shocked came over her face. She gradually climbed up into the space after I explained my story to her. It was nice to see another human, as it seemed like it had been forever.
Several pods over, I saw that in the small connector space there was a hatch of sorts, a way to get to the surface. We started climbing through the pods and leading people to escape. That was when it happened. A thick, heavy gas started to slowly fill the rooms, like a fail safe because just in case. We reached the hatch, finally, after what felt like years. We opened it and the one leading to the surface so we could start helping people out. The sun was blinding at the top, and I had never appreciated sand more than I did at that moment. I went back down and started to pull people through the hatch.
The final few people got pulled up. We checked one more time, saw no one, and started to climb up. Then I heard it, What sounded like a loud moan. Then I realized it. We had escaped, but in doing so had gassed out everyone else who was trapped as well, not purposefully, but it was a chain reaction starting with me. My triumphant feeling weakened, I sealed off the pod system and climbed the ladder. Everyone was waiting for me, and I arose with a loud cheer. I told them what had happened, and they were silent. But On the surface, being out of the pods really was an impressive sight.
Oh. You killed everyone. You monster. This was an interesting twist, I didn't expect YOU to be a senseless murderer. Great Story!
ReplyDelete