Monday, March 14, 2016

SOLC 16- Doodling

Doodles
I draw swirls, squares, triangles, whatever my hand leads me to draw on the page. Max reads All American Boys in the background. Read aloud is one of the only open drawing times and I plan to use it to my advantage. My hand moves across the page, and I'm not even thinking about it anymore. I add color here, add a line there. It is really just abstract, but it creates it's own world popping out from the page. I go back, satisfied, and add colors to make it vibrant. I repeat the color pattern and scheme repeatedly on the two shapes, my perfectionism struggles when I realize that there is an extra line on the small shape, so there is an extra color on one of them. As read aloud comes to an end, I add one final shape, the third of the trio, but I am unsatisfied, so I erase it, and it is suddenly work-time. I get pulled out of the world of the swirls, and off of the page.


6 comments:

  1. You are a good abstract artist. Nice narrative; this is really in the moment and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yes, the read aloud time to draw. I think you are studying; Pangolins and Other Odd Similar something, because at the top of the first picture. Nice doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If those are your drawings, they are amazing. Sometimes I draw abstract things and they turn out looking really good. I love doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were really cool doodles! I wish I could draw that well! Good slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your doodles. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way you described doodling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete