Wednesday, March 23, 2016

SOLC 24- Headaches

Headaches
Image result for headache comical

Headaches, dear headaches,
you drive me insane.
You make me feel like someone is punching my brain.
You seem to know the location,
to which I would prefer incarceration,
instead of that spot's pounding pain,
like being whacked with a cane.
You drill a hole right through my head,
and you make me feel dead.
You make me unfocused and uncomfortable,
you make my head feel internally-combustible.
You seem to say "Where's the jackhammer?"
as you make my brain tremble from the stammer.
"Put it down right here,"
you say, where it hurts, by my ear.
It seems like there is a map,
of locations of where the pain is in a trap.
You go to let it free,
You'll never let it flee.
You need it to stay there,
of my pain tolerance you don't care.
You release the pain out like an angry beast,
on my pain-less-ness they feast.
To sum it all up,
 you make me feel like I blew up,
close to the most painful place,
the place that smacks misery in the face.
The place in my forehead that hurts the most,
when this happens I know I'm toast.
So if this starts to happen, I avoid it if I'm able,
or sometimes simply cower under a table
So I wish with all my will,
someone will bring me advil.
Image result for headache comical
Me when I have a headache


Image Credits:
http://www.hollywood.com/tv/man-gets-porn-induced-headaches-5-shows-that-give-us-the-same-57236295/
https://www.pinterest.com/shagaroni/migraines/

6 comments:

  1. That is a great description of a headache!! I really liked the rhyming! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great poem, good rhyming a rhythm, and that is exactly what a head ache feels like. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great poem, good rhyming a rhythm, and that is exactly what a head ache feels like. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great poem, although all the rhyming is giving me a headache. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really creative idea for a slice! Great job! You described the feeling really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love the picture at the end! The flow of the poem is really good, nice job!

    ReplyDelete