Monday, March 21, 2016

SOLC 22- "Armed, Stay, Exit Now"

"Armed, Stay, Exit Now"

Our house alarm is weird. When we set it at night for the setting that makes it go off when a door is opened, it does nothing. Then, 1 minute later, it says "Armed, stay, exit now." It always leaves me wondering, which are we actually supposed to do? I mean, I know we are supposed to stay, but it is still a weird thing to say. The alarm system is telling us to do opposites, I mean, how do we stay and exit at the same time. To top it off, we normally set it when it is dark, so when I walk out of the room to go to bed I jump when I hear the voice of the alarm saying "Armed, stay, exit now." Our alarm is weird in other ways as well. For example, it randomly decides whether it is ready or not for the alarm to be able to get set, which sometimes means our departure takes longer because we have to wait for it to say it is ready to be armed. What was that!?! I'm sorry, it just gave the odd night-time announcement again, and it surprised me. Anyways, our alarm system is quite odd.

9 comments:

  1. Cool. Our family doesn't have an alarm, so we don't have to deal with that. That seems very interesting.
    Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family doesn't need an alarm, my dog will wake everyone up. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be annoying, luckily our family doesn't have an alarm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family does have an alarm and sometimes it does weird things like that too, but I've never heard it say "armed, stay, exit now", odd. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family does have an alarm and sometimes it does weird things like that too, but I've never heard it say "armed, stay, exit now", odd. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny! Our alarm just makes aggravating beeping noises. That was a fun idea for a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I hate my alarm system too, it just goes off randomly sometimes. Nice SOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how you described the alarm! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Despite sometimes being a little tricky to use, house alarms are worth every penny. The annoyance of accidentally setting one off is trumped by the peace of mind of knowing it's protecting your house. Thankfully, mine has never gone off yet, but I always take that as a sign that it's definitely working as intended.

    ReplyDelete