Clockwork
 |
| http://mikesmallwood.blogspot.com/2014/02/cogsgears-lot-4.html |
Sometimes a day works like clockwork, Finish this here, return a book there, but there are the days when there is a wrench stuck in things. Saturday was one of those days. I woke up knowing that it would be a very busy and stressful day. I got up, and instantly headed into the kitchen for a very brief breakfast before starting work on the pasta. This ingredient here, Strain that over there, all of that worked fine. But the dessert for the bake sale, not quite so. It started with the wrong pan, for the wrong cake, excuse me, I mean "Bars". This was all for the youth bake sale the next day to fund our mission trip to South Dakota.
After the rush of the hectic-ness, everything seemed WAY to quiet. The rush of a moment can be amazingly strong. We dwindled away the rest of the day by going to my aunt's house for dinner and a movie. Which, in the end was quiet enjoyable and did work out well.
Maybe some saturday's gears just aren't put together right, but the machine will still work. Maybe that wrench wasn't making a mess, maybe it was making a memory.
Nice metaphor, great slice! what movie did you see?
ReplyDeleteOoh, cool. I like the descriptiveness. Nice slice, Miles, Master of Metaphors.
ReplyDeleteI like that you stayed optimistic when things went wrong, and I agreed with Anika- really good metaphor. Nice Job!
ReplyDeleteThis was so cool! I don't know if I've ever read your writing before and I really enjoyed this piece (especially how you described everything and added details.) I would say that this is definitely a well-written slice.
ReplyDelete-Brynn
Often, memories are messes. So maybe that wrench was making both? On the other hand, wrenches only having one area to work with, it would bring up a considerably confusing matter... Can wrenches multitask? And more importantly... Why am I treating wrenches like sentient beings?
ReplyDeleteSo many great memories are 'mistakes' at first. Your slice and metaphors are wonderful. Happy Slicing!
ReplyDelete